He gave me silence...

Posted by Heather Conrad at 9:48 PM

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

In looking at my schedule this week, I realized the only "time slot" left for running on this Wednesday was the "early morning" shift. At times I wake up before the alarm sounds... not so much this morning. Let's just say it was an effort to get up. In fighting a sinus infection, my body was screaming at me to quit being crazy, to be sensible, luckily, stubbornness won the battle. As I headed downstairs, I grabbed my IPOD... no bars - yikes! I forgot to charge it, well... I'll just borrow my old one. Plugged her in and off I went.Wasn't long before... red bars turned to no bars. Okay Lord, I hear ya. I've been doin a lot of yapping lately, I think it's time I need to be quiet and listen.

Thank you for the lesson Jesus (gulp!) I realized how my prayer life has been suffering lately. Sure I dialogue, sure prayers happen with the kids in the morning, meals, and night time, but when was the last time my heart tuned into Him alone, to others? I needed this morning. So thankful for his ever-listening ears, that He answers my prayers, for perspective and sight, for the opportunity to pray for "not-my-words-but thine" Lord. You changed my day today Jesus, and I thank you.

By the way, just noticed this is the 100th post to date. Amazing Lord. This from a girl who despised writing growing up, I'm talking a fear of red pens that was beyond normal. This is why all credit goes to you Lord - you alone put a new song in my mouth!

Psalm 40:3
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.

Psalm 98:1
Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.

Psalm 33:3
Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.

1 comments:

Rachel Wojnarowski said...

A couple Christmas ago, we had a service at church that was all about SHHHHH. Essentially, be still and know that He is God. Do you happen to remember? I only heard the song that day. But I was in all three services that day and I often sing the song. This is such a great reminder. Love ya, girl!