Another day...another race

Posted by Heather Conrad at 11:55 AM

Sunday, August 30, 2009


What an absolutely gorgeous, and truly perfect, day fo r running a race. There are several factors in life that are out of one's control, and weather is just one of them. When the Lord just seems to pause for a moment, in the midst of all creation, and hand-picks a day made especially for you, you can't help but he completely grateful for his love.

Aaron, Jeff, Tom, Gordon, Matt, and Jeff's friend (don't you just fret you can't remember someone's name!) all gathered this morning at 6:30 am and headed to Tuttle Mall for the start of a 13.1 mile race. Doesn't that sound just so appealing? I have to tell you, I didn't even mind being in the estrogen minority, it was such a ball to hang out, joke, and stretch together before the 7:30 buzzer set us off in motion. And that it did, the beginning where legs are still fresh, goal time are in your grasp, and your heart is pumpin. Just wanted to share a few highlights from today.

1. Gordon, I can't thank you enough for the conversation those first few miles, it really helped push me along, more than you know.
2. Aaron, I'm so thankful for the time we ran together. You helped me set my sites back on Jesus in the midst of my human desire to focus on the pain. My heart melted to pieces when you handed me your water because I missed mine in the fly by, THEN ran back to retrieve some for yourself. I love you more each and every day. Thanks for the song, "He carries me..."
3. Lord I thank you for confirming your presence to me over and over today - answering my prayers for strength, filling me with your living water, sending an "eagle" overhead at mile 7, allowing me to drop some baggage at mile 9, then giving me an amazing spilt time, reaching through the cheers of the crowd, bringing me to the finish line - in my fastest time yet - ONLY YOU!
4. To all the men - congratulations first timers! Congratulations on many PRs! You inspire all those around you. Kuddos to your healthy hearts.

Thanks so much for spending a few moments reliving the memories of today. In my humble opinion, we all have "marathons" that we run, some daily. All the races look a bit different, but we're all in a race to make our lives count. What do you want to do with yours? Are you currently doing it? "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but who gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:24

I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14

Pictures to come. Have a wonderful Sunday in and with Him!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! So awesome that you ran the race! Thanks for the highlights and sharing the joy with us!