Radiant Faces

Posted by Heather Conrad at 8:41 AM

Wednesday, October 15, 2008


Last
night's routine ensued like most every other night - run the bath water, strip two girls naked, take dirty clothes to their room, retrieve towels, lay out jammies - you know, those well-oiled, I could-do-this-while-sleep-walking routines? However, while carrying out these nightly duties, I heard some screams. Yet another "normal" nightly activity, but on the good side, these were screams of glee and delight.

From within the confines of our fishy bathroom, I hear, "Mommy, can you take a picture of us?" My first response...no. I don't feel like it. I don't want to walk all the way downstairs, rummage through that deep, cavernous, where-everything-gets-lost drawer, only to retrieve the camera and take yet another tub picture. But somehow, I found myself saying, "Okay, I'll be right back." The routine was interrupted, and I had a chance to capture a precious moment.


One of my favorite verses, that my eyes just happened to fall upon this week, just connected with me in such a real way:

Psalm 34:5
Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.

May your radiant faces shine for him today! (And don't forget to stop and snap a picture while you're at it!)

1 comments:

the mama said...

Good mommy getting the camera! You're learning! hehe ;)