Race Day

Posted by Heather Conrad at 5:41 AM

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Today's the day. I think I only woke up about 3 times during the night, anticipating the morning, not too bad. My alarm this morning greeted me with, "Wake the neighbors, get the word out" Interesting...

Just before I feel asleep last night, I found myself asking, "Heather, what are your expectations for the marathon this morning?" I paused for a moment, then thought, I don't have any. Today will unfold, just as any other day, the way the Lord intended, I'm just thrilled I simply am ABLE to be a part of his next adventure in my life today. As I read through Philippians 3 and 4 this morning, I was so encouraged by the words of Paul.

There is an amazing man, by the name of Chris, who started a ministry called Team 413 (based off the verse Philippians 4:13). We had the privilege of talking with two of the ministry workers on Friday as we picked up our race packets, and today Amanda and I will be wearing shirts that say, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Amen!

If the Lord leads you here this morning, we appreciate your prayers for strength, endurance and perseverance as we attempt to complete 26.2 miles in whichever way he deems worthy this morning. Have a wonderful Sunday!

1 comments:

the mama said...

It's a gorgeous day! I hope the race goes well! :)