Be willing to follow

Posted by Heather Conrad at 2:49 PM

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I had a plan. My plan was to take a ton of pictures yesterday, and post some thoughts about my son. You see, he turned 8 yesterday (gulp!), and we had planned for some friends to come over and "hang out". Just thinking some outside time, some eating time, some game time, pretty basic, flexible. We planned a cake, a color scheme, shopped for some prizes and goodies, and printed off some invitations from the gloriously free sites on the internet :) Well... back to the picture thing... yeah, not so much. I did get a few snapped, but my joy was found in the interactions that happened, just fascinating to me. So my plan to post - slotted for another day and opportunity that the Lord provides, but until then, this is His plan for this moment.

For reasons only the Lord knows, I just felt led today to share a devotional from Sarah Young's book, Jesus Calling. She writes:

Be willing to follow wherever I lead. Follow Me wholeheartedly, with glad anticipation quickening your pace. Though you don't know what lies ahead, I know; and that is enough! Some of My richest blessings are just around the bend; out of sight, but nonetheless very real. To receive these gifts, you must walk by faith - not by sight. This doesn't mean closing your eyes to what is all around you. It means subordinating the visible world to the invisible Shepherd of your soul.

Sometimes I lead you up a high mountain with only My hand to support you. The higher you climb, the more spectacular the view becomes; also, the more keenly you sense your separation from the world with all its problems. This frees you to experience exuberantly the joyous reality of my Presence. Give yourself fully to these Glory-moments, awash in dazzling Light. I will eventually lead you down the mountain. back into the community with others. Let My Light continue to shine within you as your walk among people again.

2 Corinthians 3:7; Psalm 96:6; John 8:12

1 comments:

rk said...

This went to my bones. We just wrapped up a series at church on Psalm 23. The piece in the middle of the Psalm reminding us there will be highs and there will be lows, but he wants to restore us, and support us through community, but the most effiecent way to journey, of course, is absolute surrender. Funny how hard that seems to be for us humans, yet in doing so it frees us up. This spoke to me. Thank you. On another note, you are offically on my link list. Thanks for the support to do so. I appreciate your and your Mr.'s hearts. You have a special minsitry going on via your blogs.

Blessings,
Roxanne