The last hu-rah!

Posted by Heather Conrad at 6:30 PM

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just wanted to share some fun pictures from our recent trip, over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house we went!

We decided to finally make the annual trek to Cleveland, seeing as how it's the last week before school begins (crazy!) Always mixed emotions for me. Summertime is my favorite and time spent with all three is priceless. I know the upcoming routine of school will be good for all of us, yet I know I'll miss the lazy mornings and our days spent in the lazy river at the pool.

Just a few highlights from our trip I wanted to share with you:

  • My parents - ever serving their neighbors and local church body, continuing to model Christ's love with every breathe they take
  • No matter how old you get, you can always go "home"
  • Sweetness to my ears... "I love you Papa", "I love you Grandma"
  • My father's love of nature and adventures - our hunt for round rocks, big leaves, bark, worms, and even a frog (big growth for Emma who faced her fears of bugs and slimy creatures head-on!)
  • Seeing the joy on their faces as they ran from ride to ride at the Kiddie Park (Brynn's first roller-coaster!) Her words... "That was fun!" Wanna do it again... "NO!"
  • Our family silliness - wearing hats at Steak N' Shake
  • Enjoying a trip to the zoo with the girls while the boys enjoyed a leisurely bike ride (16 miles, that is... Dad's years of coaching and encouraging affecting the next generation, continuing the legacy - great job Austin!)
  • The love of my parents... the same love my children get to witness... priceless.
  • Falling asleep in attempt to watch as much of the Olympic coverage as possible, sharing in the amazement and inspiration of athletics, a family tradition
  • Running the streets of your home town, reliving past memories... weird, yet comforting at the same time.
  • Walking into the same pool office that you spent your childhood summers at for years... watching my three children follow me... blinking back 17 years of my life (gulp!)
  • Pulling out of the driveway, this time owning a mini-van instead of a mini-wagon... no bumping the gutter this time!
  • Conversations full of wisdom and real-ness...I wish I had another week. Love you Mom and Dad! Happy 35th Anniversary!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What great memories with Grandma and Grandpa. Those special times exploring out in "nature" are such a blast!
Way to go holding that frog, Emma!!

Wandering Writer said...

Your family is growing so fast. Wow. As a grandma, I know how wonderful your visit must have been.