The Flying Feather

Posted by Heather Conrad at 8:45 AM

Friday, November 27, 2009

Another fabulous morning, another fabulous run. This year, we had the extreme pleasure of ropin some friends in to join us for their "first-ever" race. Friends Richard and Heidi came over bright and early, bringing along their teenager who so kindly hung out with the kids this morning. Our guest from Estonia joined us as well, calling family back home to share a play-by-play. We also met another friend there who also had invited some friends, some co-workers to join in a run before the turkey! I just love reflecting on God's ultimate plan in who He brings into our lives along life's journey. My favorite line of the morning was spoken by Richard after we completed the race and began walking back - Let's do that again! Another one catches the craziness!

I have so many things to be thankful for today, so here are just a few:

1. To share this journey with my best friend and life partner - love you Aaron!
2. To actually experience the blessing of physical strength brought about by His training and faithfulness to endure.
3. The opportunity to return home to warmth, food, and celebration with friends, old and new.
4. That my Lord has given me the ultimate gift in his son Jesus Christ, my Savior, the one who saves me from myself and my sin, and loves me enough to give me an eternal home with Him.
5. The privilege, responsibility, and command to share the good news of this gift with others.

Lord, you never cease to amaze me. In simply following Aaron's lead in choosing to wear a simple t-shirt, you allowed an opportunity to be available to a woman and her husband to approach us about a church home, your church home. What an honor to serve you today in such a seemly small way, yet perhaps a life-changing way for a family. Thank you for reminding me that you just ask us to come to you, to use what we have (be it 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread), and you alone take that and multiply it for your kingdom. Lord, today I chose in gratitude and thankfulness to see all that I "have" as a gift from you. I am one blessed girl. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: